- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 1 container (14 ounces) firm or extra-firm tofu, drained
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup lite coconut milk
- 1 box (10 ounces) frozen green beans, defrosted
- 4 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces (3 cups)
- Cooked white rice, for serving (optional)
- Halve tofu horizontally; then crosswise. (You should have 4 equal squares). Cut each square diagonally into 2 triangles. Arrange tofu in one layer on a baking sheet lined with 3 layers of paper towels; cover with three more layers. Place another baking sheet and a weight on top. Let tofu drain until towels are soaked, about 20 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu, and cook, turning once, until golden-brown, about 10 minutes. Remove from pan to a plate. Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining tablespoon oil, onion, and curry powder. Season generously with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add coconut milk and 1/2 cup water; bring to a gentle simmer. Return tofu to skillet. Add green beans and tomatoes, cover, and cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Serve over rice if desired.