- Prep Time 45 minutes
- Total Time 4 hours
- Yield Makes 30
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon pure mint extract
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and cocoa in a small bowl.
- Whisk together granulated sugar, eggs, and melted butter in a medium bowl. Gradually whisk in melted chocolate and mint extract until smooth. Stir in flour mixture. Refrigerate until firm, at least 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Roll tablespoons of dough into balls using your palms, then roll in confectioners' sugar to coat. Transfer to parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing each 1 inch apart. Bake until slightly firm in the center, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool slightly on sheets set on wire racks. Transfer cookies to racks, and let cool completely.