Thursday, October 13, 2011

~Great American Bake Sale~ the countdown begins!

*All of the bake sale recipes are from Martha Stewart.  Some  recipes have been changed slightly to fit our tastes, or to make them gluten free and vegan.* 


My oh my, this is a new experience for me.  It's one thing to bake for my own family, and it's another when you're baking for other people. 

So far, I've secured our location, visited the bake sale location again to work out the logistics (thanks Gangotri!),went shopping at Whole Foods (several times), Michaels (for Martha baking supplies), met with and emailed my chef-friend and bake sale co-host, Andrea Seppinni, and many more other "little things" needed some attention too.   This is only on my end.  Can you imagine what Andrea is up to as well with all her other projects that are percolating in her pot?

Well, it's Thursday afternoon and for the next few days I'll be at my stove or cutting board working hard to turn out a quality, organic product for our local community to enjoy.  In return, I'm hoping to make The Great American Bake Sale (our charity organization of choice) money that will then transform itself into healthy meals for low-income children.  Share Our Strength hosts the Great American Bake sale and has donated over 6 million dollars for this cause.

I apologize in advance for the short hiatus.  However, I'm sure you'll understand.  Millions of American children go hungry right here in America every day.  With that said, we're off to do our part by doing what we do best...cook!

So come on out this Saturday and enjoy a tasty treat for a good cause.


Menu

Bourbon-Pecan Truffles

Vanilla Cupcakes

Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

Vegan Carrot Cupcakes

Vegan Chocolate-Pumpkin Whoopie Pies

Rosemary-Caramel Corn

Classic Caramel Corn

Chocolate-Almond Popcorn

Apple-Cranberry Pie

Caramel Apples

Spun-Sugar Caramel Apples


This Saturday, October 15th from 12:30-5:30 pm located at 711 Pleasant Grove Blvd. in Roseville, California (Nugget market shopping center)

Until then, live well and I hope to see you at our bake sale!  Go Bake Across America!

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget