Friday, September 23, 2011

~Martha Stewart Crafts Studio Classes~




photo from michaels.com

Ombre Butterfly Card

Ombre
n. A French term meaning "shaded." Usually a multicolored stripe, with colors graduating from light to dark.  Definition from fabsugar.com



Glitter always gets me excited, kind of like shiny jewelry or a lit-up night sky.  High quality glitter is very hard to come by, especially at an affordable price.  Ever since the Martha Stewart craft line included diamond-quality glitter, I've been a huge fan.  Gone are the days of using the low quality, lackluster flakes.  You get what you pay for.  Plain and simple.

When it comes to craft store selections, Martha Stewart glitter is by far the best on the market.  When I had spotted a boxed craft class that taught glittering techniques, I knew that this was a worthwhile project.  Glitter is fun and pretty, but if you don't know what to do with the stuff it's not very useful.  

Being a busy mom with a creative bent, I'm drawn to easy crafts that can be completed during nap time, snack time or late at night when the moon hangs high in the sky and the children are fast asleep. This Crafts Studio Class met such criteria. In less than ten minutes, I had myself a handmade ombre butterfly card.  Who said handmade had to be hard?    

Photo Gallery

For $19.99  I was able to purchase the Crafts Studio class.  The kit included enough material to make four cards.  To sweeten the deal, I used my 40% off coupon that I had found in Martha Stewart Living(September 2011 issue).
 
The first step seemed easy enough.  I added glue to the butterfly and then...
I covered the butterfly in the Florentine Gold glitter. There were three other choices that included a thank you butterfly card, iridescent Monarch butterfly card, and a fern butterfly card. 
Next, I followed the instructions and added the Peridot and Tourmaline glitter.

And there you have it.  A sparkly butterfly card that's definitely noteworthy.

~Get Crafty~

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget