Friday, September 30, 2011

~Good Things for September~

As usual, I sorted through the Good Things section in Martha Stewart Living for September and I came across some very useful ideas. 

Lace Tile Coasters
picture from marthastewart.com


visit marthastewart.com for how-to details.



I went to The Home Depot to get the tiles and the metallic spray paint.
The tiles got two coats paint.
Yeah, I was not happy with how mine turned out.  I think the lace was too thick...or something.  After seeing how the first coaster turned out, I decided not to decorate the other tiles with the lace.  To salvage this project, I'm going to Mod Podge the tiles and then add some Martha Stewart glitter. 

Double-Edge Punch
I decided to throw this in here for fun.  I bought this double-edge punch at Michaels. It works well and adds a fun border to craft projects or to scrapbooks.  I've only tested it but I'm looking forward to putting it to use soon. 


Turn Up the Heat

I did like the peppered vinegar idea.  I've been making herbal vinegars for a few months now but I never thought about adding peppers to turn up the heat.  The peppers shown here are from our garden.  In retrospect, I should have added larger peppers so that they wouldn't have all floated to the top. I also added some of our thyme, rosemary and sage along with some juniper berry and dried orange peel.


No-Slip Dish Towel

picture from marthastewart.com

How-To
Make it into a loop by attaching Velcro strips to two ends, one on the front and one on the back, below. Stitch in place, or use iron-on Velcro strips.




As luck would have it, I set some time aside today to make the Velcro kitchen towel idea and I couldn't find the Velcro! I just bought the stuff so I know it's here somewhere.  Anyway,  this was such a great concept.  For those of us with children we know that sometimes, for some strange reason, they love to pull the dish towel off of the rack. The Velcro helps to secure the dish towel to the rack so that it doesn't slip as easily.   Even though I haven't had a chance to try this, I had to post this anyway.  It just had a "Good Thing" vibe to it. I can't wait to see the look on the kids faces when the towel won't come loose.


~It's a Good Thing!~


No comments:

There was an error in this gadget