Thursday, March 24, 2011

~Glove Animals~

picture from marthastewart.com


To make the dog, click on the link below:

http://images.marthastewart.com/images/content/web/pdfs/2008Q1/tvs_dogglove.pdf



Well, I'm so happy that we are almost out of knitting season!  I am looking forward to getting back into sewing again (April-June) as I'm wiping the sweat from my brow.  Recently, I've found out that knitting is not for me-at least not right now with the toddlers.  I can knit the simple scarf, headband, and gloves- but that's a  REAL challenge for me.  Anything beyond that and I'm going to have to volunteer at the elderly home just so someone can show me how the heck to do this craft!  I love watching experts whip stitches onto their knitting needles like nobody's business, but I'm in need of some serious help in this department.


Anyway, this is my last knitting project for the year (and if you've noticed I think I've maybe done 3?  *clearing my throat*).  On Martha's website you can find this project under the craft section.  Just click on crafts then on crafts by technique and finally click on knitting to find this project and many others.  You might notice that you are not knitting anything for this project!  What a relief, huh?  I found some pretty gloves that had been knitted (thankfully by someone else) and used them to make a dog for Sarah that was fun and easy to make.

Photo Gallery

The knitted gloves... if they only knew that they were about to become a lil' girls dog...hahaha.  I think it's so cool to turn one item into something new and different.
Cutting away...
Filling with cotton balls...
The body is finished...
Working on the face...
Folding the ears over to make it more "dog like"...
I found an old ribbon...hey it looks like a scarf!  And so it became....
Here is the doggie...Sarah's newest toy.  Every girl loves a new "doll."
Precious.



1 comment:

Carl said...

Very clever re-cycle, Morgan. Looks like Sarah is thrilled with it.

There was an error in this gadget