Saturday, January 1, 2011

Starting From Scratch

     So here I am, it's New Year's Eve.  I am about to embark on an adventure of a lifetime.  For the next year, it's going to be Martha's literary ghost, and me blindly feeling my way into the land of "good things".  Am I nervous? Of course I am.

     At this point in my life, I want to take my family to a new level.  Not many woman are lucky enough to have a Martha Stewart in their life, including me. So, what better way to get good at something than learning from the best! At the stroke of midnight, I wonder if my life will ever be the same?

     Some pictures of our home will be posted as-is.  365 days from now, I'm going to post what the house looks like after spending a year with Martha.  Will there be a difference?  Will my house become a home?  Will it feel like the sacred space I know we have longed for and deserve?  Will it be possible for a busy wife and mother of three chidren to do so?

     Follow my posts and we can learn together what it's like to stop living vicariously through magazine pages and reality shows. Together, let us start celebrating the art of everyday living.

     By the way...I'm a vegetarian, have a shoddy camera, and I have a dead Kitchenaid mixer. This should be fun!

2 comments:

The Green Mama said...

January in the craft department- You're a knit wit! No, not really, but it is knitting month. I will be knitting up some really cute creations.

Room for Change- The laundry room is in desperate need of a make over. Let's see what we can do about that. The room is the size of a box, so this will be have to be done on a micro-scale. This months current magazine issue features Kevin Sharkey redoing his laundry room. Can I even begin to make our laundry room scream order in any sort of way?

Jenny Cave said...

If you had Martha's staff, you'd accomplish this with no problem! Don't sell yourself short, you play very 'hands-on' with your little ones, help with homework, keep things sane and keep a very large, overwhelming garden...plus you teach classes, enjoy peer groups and you practice 'outreach' to your local community...you're already a tornado! It's going to be interesting watching you do these things without a prep staff, an unlimited budget and dozens of people around making sure everything is perfect. You're making it REAL! I love the premise, I have loved the fun you've had with this so far. Bon Appetit with the food and Bon Voyage with the projects and crafts!!

There was an error in this gadget