Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It's A Good Thing, or Is It?

So I have this idea.  What if I, wife and mother of three children (on a very modest income), attempted to integrate Martha into my daily life?  Is what Martha stands for achievable for a middle-American woman?  I want to see if what’s so beautifully illustrated on the page can indeed, make my life more beautiful, while adding more wisdom into my life.

So I’ve set out to find the answer over the course of the next year.  I guess the scientist in me always finds a way out.  In a way, this is kind of like an experiment.  I will be integrating Martha’s ideas from her magazines, books and website into our home.  Three times a week I will prepare a meal from these sources and I will attempt (and I mean attempt) a weekly craft project from her most recent magazine.  Additionally, I will purchase one item that is advertised in her recent magazine and provide feedback on it, along with what I thought about the recipes.

Here, I will share with you, an un-biased and candid viewpoint about how this affects our family.  Stick with me, as I venture out into the unknown of “good things”, crafts and interesting dishes.  What’s the worst thing that could really happen from all of this?  Besides, I just purchased a brand new fire extinguisher and it sits in my kitchen just begging to be used.

Up Next:  Starting From Scratch: A look at my life as it is before the project begins.

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget